Is your living room getting a little boring? Has it been awhile since you last updated it? Maybe it’s time for a change. You probably spend a great deal of time there and want it to be comfortable, right? If your living room just isn’t “doing it” for you anymore, here are five simple things that you can do step up its game a bit.
It’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do. It can make a room almost seem like an entirely different space. You could repaint the entire room, just some of the trim work, or maybe just one or two walls with a different color. Of course, you could always pay a professional to do the work for you. But, it could be a fun DIY project as well. You could do a little research, and let your imagination take over, creating a one-of-a-kind look for your living room’s walls.
How about the floors? Here are a few things that you could consider if you are thinking about redoing your floors to breathe some new life into your living room.
- If you have carpet, you could always update it with a new style or color. Or, you could see what’s under the carpet. There might be some beautiful hardwoods that you could work with.
- Hardwood floors can always be updated with a new finish. You can even get stains in colors now, so your brown floor could be transformed into gray, white, or any number of different shades of color.
- Tile is also great for living rooms. There are so many different options for tile. It’s easy to maintain, last practically forever, and will add a shimmering luster to your living room.
- If you have a hardwood or tile floor, you could also look at different area rugs to add some new color.
#3 Fireplace Insert
Ah, there’s just something about the soft glow of the embers and the toasty warmth of a fireplace on a cold winter night. But, fireplaces do require a little effort to keep them clean, safe, stocked, and burning just right. Fireplace inserts are not only beautiful, but they are so easy to use. With gorgeous hand-painted wood logs, you can control the flame and the heat level with a remote control. How’s that for convenience, no more stoking the fire to get the perfect flame. And, there’s no wood to buy. A fireplace insert can turn on old, drab fireplace into your living room’s focal point.
#4 Window Coverings
Take a look at your windows. Here are some ideas to use your windows to enhance your living room’s visual appeal.
- Drapes: They are a timeless classic, and can drastically change the look of any room. Think about colors, patterns, and styles. There are quite a few options out there.
- Blinds or shades: This is a great way to decorate your windows while making it a little easier to let some natural light in. You can find a huge variety of styles and colors.
- Bare windows: This is a bold look, if you want to take advantage of some natural sunlight. Take everything off of the windows and let the sun shine in. If privacy isn’t an issue, bare windows will add an entirely new element of style to your living room, making it look larger while taking advantage of some of nature’s greenery as a decorating touch.
It could be time for new furniture. Or, you could have your furniture reupholstered for an entirely different look. And, sometimes, it might simply be a matter of moving the furniture around to get a different look.
It’s your living room. Just think about what makes you comfortable, and what you have the capability of changing to create a new look. Have fun with it, and enjoy your new space.
Lina Mark is the Partner and Editor-In-Chief at Keulj.us. She loves technology and is always hooked on new technology in the market. You will often find her browsing the web for interesting content (mostly sci-fi and tech). She is addicted to movies (mainly action) and loves to read interesting books every once in a while.